What We Believe
We are a community created to shepherd and become a home for all those without a spiritual home. We retain basic Catholic beliefs of love, faith, spirituality, prayer, and sacramentality. We remain in, and honor, the traditions of the Orthodox Catholic churches and the Old Catholic Church of Utrecht, Netherlands.
- We believe that Jesus is the Christ and our savior.
- We believe in The Holy Trinity.
- We believe in the three historic creeds: Nicene, Apostolic, and Athanasian.
- We believe in the seven sacraments of The Church: Baptism, Confirmation, Holy Eucharist, Anointing and Prayers for the Sick, Confession and Reconciliation, Marriage, and Holy Orders.
- We believe that all Holy Orders are open to both men and women.
- We believe that celibacy of those in Holy Orders is a personal decision.
- We believe in, and hold, apostolic succession.
- We believe and accept the doctrines of the Seven Early Church Ecumenical Councils.
- We believe and appreciate the wisdom and guidance of the Early Church Fathers.
- We appreciate the wisdom and guidance of the founding Fathers of the Old Catholic Movement as expressed in the Historic Documents of the Old Catholic Churches of Europe, particularly the Declaration of Utrecht.
- We believe that homosexuality is not a sin and invite GBLT people to participate in all sacraments, including sanctity of Marriage and Ordination.
- We believe that those who struggle with gender identity matters deserve understanding, respect and the unconditional support of the church as they make decisions that affect their lives and the lives of those whom they love.
- We believe in the responsible stewardship of the resources of our planet.
- We believe in the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, of which ALL Christians - regardless of Denomination, are members.
- We believe in the sanctity of marriage, however we believe that Jesus is merciful and those who have been divorced and/or remarried are offered the sacraments of the church.
- We believe that family planning is a personal decision between reproductive partners.
- We believe in the scriptural teaching of Jesus Christ.